Let’s Start at the Very Beginning
As a hiring manager for a smaller company sometimes it can feel overwhelming to juggle all the moving parts, especially if you have just been promoted into your current position. You are involved in all stages of the recruitment process from interviews to onboarding to integration. Participating fully in the process each time a potential employee interviews helps you begin to build a relationship with a candidate; the first step in long-term employee retention. So where do you begin? After you have combed through resumes and applications and have selected interviewees, where do you begin with interview questions?! We’ve rounded up 5 interview questions to put at the top of your list. As you shape your team and aid in growing a solid company for the future, start your interviews off strong.
- Tell me about a sales project that really got you excited.
- Why are you interested in working for [insert company name here]?
- Tell me about an experience that shook up your self-confidence. How did you handle it? How did you rebound? What did you learn?
- What are some of the key elements you are looking for in a job?
- Tell me about your training. What have you done to become a better sales person?