It’s that time of year. Change is upon us as we ring in 2022. For some that means changing jobs, leaving a vacancy to fill with a new team member. As a company you seek to fill that vacancy quickly and with a quality candidate. No matter which side of the table you are on during the interview, you want to arrive prepared. Dive into these 10 questions you could ask (or be asked) your new hire. Select a few to guide your interviews this new year.
- Walk me through a specific example of a time when someone on your team was not pulling his/her own weight. How did your team resolve this?
- What are the most important factors in choosing a company to work for?
- What do you do when your product does not meet the client’s expected standards?
- In your opinion, are personal memberships useful in gaining exposure for your company and its services?
- In your present position how do you define a “good job”? Are you?
- What are your greatest strengths? Give an example of when you used one of these strengths to your advantage.
- What factors would you consider in determining whether a given company is a potential customer?
- There comes a time when you have to stop testing and implement a system. How do you know when your team has reached that point?
- Tell me about a time when you had to react quickly to a situation.
- Tell me about a recent technical problem that you faced. How was the problem resolved?