Conducting an interview this week? What you ask matters more than ever before as companies are looking to rehire following COVID-19. Whether it's the need for a candidate with a strong cultural fit, a unique skillset or a number of any other variables straining your hiring, here are 15 pop questions to ask to gain just a little more insight of who your candidate is and what their potential for the future is:
- There comes a time when you have to stop testing and implement a system. How do you know when you have reached that point?
- Walk me through a specific example of subordinate who was not meeting your expectations.
- Think about your average work day. Hat do you have in common with the people you spend time with?
- Think of a recent technical problem that you faced. Did you set out to solve it with a hypothesis or did you try a battery of solutions to find the best answer? Could you tell me about this experience?
- To correct or prevent a problem, sometimes someone may need to take responsibility or the project won’t be completed. Can you give me an example of a time when you took this kind of action
- Walk me through a specific example of a time when someone on your team was not pulling his/her own weight – how did your team resolve this?
- What are the most important factors in choosing a company to work for?
- What are your greatest strengths? Give an example of when you used one of these strengths to your advantage.
- What do you do when your product does not meet with the client’s expected standards? Can you tell me about a time when you had to contend with this situation?
- What do you hope to accomplish with the people that you are responsible for managing?
- What factors would you consider in determining whether or a given company is a potential customer?
- Tell me about a time when your boss took credit for something you did, and how did you review the work so next time you’ll improve?
- In your present position how do you define doing a good job? Are you?
- In your opinion, are personal memberships useful in gaining exposure for your company and its services? If yes, can you give me an example of how you use your memberships?
- In one minute, tell me about a time when you had to react to a situation fast.