It is important to quantify your successes when interviewing for a sales position. Though successful sales is not all about numbers, top performers know the answers to these questions without hesitation.
- How long is your sales cycle?
- How many sales calls do you make per week? (average number of attempted calls)
- What percentage of calls resulted in contact? (not voicemail,etc.)
- What percentage of calls resulted in an appointment?
- What percentage of appointments resulted in a sale?
- In the last 6 months what is your % to quota?
- How often do you meet or exceed quota?
When you schedule your next interview, know your numbers. Be specific. And be accurate.