The date of New Years will stand the test of time, but the traditions and resolutions seem to shift with the trends. No matter what’s popular, there is always a push (even pressure) to improve yourself in the new year. And why not? A new year ushers in a new opportunity, a time of no judgment for you to reach for the stars. This year as you set personal goals to improve yourself, don’t forget to set your sights on enhancing your career. Overall sales improvement can be a top priority. These 10 interview questions can spark ideas for a new goal or just get you thinking about how self improvement has been a part of your sales journey.
- Tell me about an experience that shook up your self-confidence. How did you handle it? How did you rebound? What did you learn?
- We’ve all heard the phrase “and the light bulb went on,” meaning we suddenly understood something. What was the last subject you learned about where you had this experience? Why were you learning this topic?
- Tell me about your training. What have you done to become a better sales person?
- Who taught you to have a strong work ethic, and what did they accomplish that showed it paid off?
- Which skills do you wish would be used more frequently?
- What would you look to accomplish in the first 30 days/60 days/90 days on the job?
- What was the last book you’ve read for fun?
- What qualities do you have that make you stand out from other candidates? Why?
- What personal standards do you follow when you are representing your company or product lines?
- What is your dream job?