Business Development ManagerView All Jobs
Business Development Manager - Safety Eywear- Remote
Business Development Manager
Our client designs and delivers dependable, protective and accessible eyewear and they are growing again! Our client is obsessed with designing advanced optical solutions with the latest eyewear technology, the most advanced features, and the finest materials to protect your eyes—whether you’re on the job, at the river, or anywhere in between. We are actively recruiting a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for developing new sales leads and increasing revenues through new and existing partnerships. The Business Development Manager will be a key member of the Sales Team and the goal is to fully saturate our client’s products in all applicable market segments and grow the business to ensure our market leadership position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- · Business Development and Growth within the assigned territory.
- · Identifying opportunities in target markets for product expansion.
- Aggressively hunt, close, and maintain high volume sales accounts.
- · Generating leads through cold calling prospective clients or networking at trade shows.
- · Keeping up with the latest industry developments, including market positioning of corporate competitors.
- · Assessing client needs and the company’s ability to meet those needs.
- · Following up with new leads and referrals generated from the sales team.
- · Preparing status reports on goals.
- · Execute on company directives in new market segments.
- · Accountable for goals and execution of programs.
- · Account Development and Implement strategic business strategies within assigned territory.
- · Aggressively growing existing accounts by implementing product training & safety certifications.
- · Key partnerships for business development maximizing current program opportunities.
- · Develop & maintain clear communication regarding sales team initiatives.
- Manage and develop a technical solutions rapport with distributors and end-users by staying current on ANSI standards and MILPRF32432.
- Develop current assessment of division and work closely with VP of Sales to create future goals.
Education, Training, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- 5-7 years of government sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent time in related field
- QSSP certification preferred
- Strong verbal, written, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills to include Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet
- Volume based Growth Planner
- Must be willing to travel 20% of the time
- Must be a product knowledge expert on all of our client’s products and technology
- Must maintain current knowledge of Company Policy and Procedure
- Maintain current communication with reps and customers regarding companywide programs and policies and procedures
- Must be able to communicate company goals and objectives to sales team
- Must perform end user development & safety certifications
- Support new product campaigns in desired market segments with set goals
- Protect, maintain, and enforce our current position in the market
- Evaluate competition and provide information to the VP of Sales
- Develop criteria & promotions calendar, monitor and gather promotion results
- Attend Tradeshows
- Qualify, develop and maximize key leads from tradeshows
- Finalize hiring and firing of reps
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with inside sales team on promotions, goals, and objectives
- Responsible for working with sales team to drive day-to-day sales and maintain personal relationships with key account personnel.
- Review quarterly plan with rep prior to the start of each quarter and actively drive rep execution within the quarter.
- Evaluate/develop account plans including marketing and sales tools, merchandising, product training needs, assortment, displays and events.
- Evaluate competition and provide information to Sales, Marketing and Executive team.
- Manage budgets allocated for samples tradeshow and travel.
Our client offers a competitive salary of $100,000 and a generous commission and bonus program that will yield a realistic first-year total compensation in the $150,000 range, 2nd year in excess of $200,000. They also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401k with match, Paid Time Off and many income and career advancement opportunities!
The culture is best described as a sales environment that rewards performance with work-life balance. If you are seeking a sales-centric employer who values and rewards your production, please feel free to apply below.