Business Development Manager-Renewable EnergyView All Jobs
Commercial Solar Industry Sales Leader Expansion
Business Development Manager-Renewable Energy
Are you a motivated self-starter with a passion for the renewable energy sector?
Do you have a track record of commercial solar/renewable energy project sales and a deep understanding of energy project economics, incentives, and financing?
Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your career with a leading project developer in the solar and renewable energy industry?
If you answered yes, we invite you to consider this exciting opportunity. Email your resume directly to email@example.com or call 603-894-0007 x215.
Our client, a market leader in the renewable energy sector, is seeking a high-energy, strategic Director of Business Development with sound business insight, a natural marketing instinct, and a collaborative mentality. This full-time position, based in Connecticut, offers the flexibility of remote or hybrid work for someone living in the territory, including New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, or Massachusetts.
Key Performance Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Prospecting, developing, and contracting with large and mid-sized companies and nonprofit entities.
- Qualifying prospects, identifying decision-makers, performing customer needs assessments, presenting financial options, and negotiating contract terms.
- Develop and maintain new and existing relationships with corporate executives and energy/facility/property managers, leading to solar and storage project exploration and execution.
- Originate new accounts and opportunities through various outreach techniques, including cold calling, email campaigns, targeted marketing, networking, and participating in trade shows and conferences.
- Provide customers with strategic project structuring guidance, market insight & strategy, and consultation on portfolio projects.
- Maintain and update project scheduling, CRM, and platform, including key project timelines and budgets.
- Present proposals to business clients across multiple US markets.
- Collaborate with internal teams to execute engineering, legal, and financing requirements.
- Support the negotiation of key long-term contracts, including leases, LOIs, and PPAs
- You will be empowered with the primary responsibilities of sourcing prospects via telephone, email, and online resources, conducting market analysis, and generating new opportunities leading to a sales volume. You will be the first point of contact, engaging new prospects and pitching our value proposition to potential leads.
Knowledge of energy project economics, incentives, and financing including asset purchase, operating lease, CPACE, and PPA cash flows. Ideally, a track record of commercial solar/renewable energy project sales.
Our client offers a competitive compensation package, including a base salary of $75K-$110K and an OTE of $125-$165K in the first year. Benefits include 401(k), flexible schedule, health insurance, paid time off, and professional development assistance. Supplemental pay includes bonus pay and commission pay.
Take the next step in your career with a company that values innovation, collaboration, and the drive to create a sustainable future. Apply today!