Market Manager/Sales EngineerView All Jobs
Exceptional Market Manager/Sales Engineer Career Opportunity!
Location: Lincoln, RI
Market Manager/Sales Engineer
Location: Lincoln, RI
Interviewing Immediately – Market Manager – RI or Southern MA
Our client is global leader in the production of high volume precision machined and plated components for the automotive, aerospace, defense and industrial markets. Specializing in safety critical machining, hard chrome plating, and anodizing, we take pride in developing innovative engineering solutions to difficult problems. Our client is growing again and they are looking for a Sales Market Manager to join their highly compensated and tenured team!
The market manager will be involved in all facets of the sales process, including prospecting, relationship development, value-determination through problem/need identification, costing, quoting and account management. The job is primarily a sales engineer role with a title of Market Manager. The ideal candidate will be expected to be able to discuss commercial issues as well as technical issues and solutions with engineering. The person will prospect by reaching out to lead engineers and purchasing and help them evaluate how our client’s specialized plating capabilities might be designed into their products. They will also help develop product & market strategies and help in identifying opportunities for our client to develop differentiated products.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in engineering, science or other technical discipline.
- Strong prospecting and business development experience.
- Previous business to business sales experience desired.
- Desire to solve problems working with customers and internal suppliers are essential.
- Sales budgeting and cost analysis skills required.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Identify potential customers and develop new business.
- Account management of several existing accounts for automotive and industrial products.
- Assess potential markets and product niches to define profitable growth opportunities.
- Face-to-face interaction with all levels of customer staff, from Design, Engineering and Purchasing to Executives.
- Work with our client’s engineering and operations team to develop costings and generate pricing proposals for new business.
- Interact with Executive Management in strategic planning sessions.
- Position requires up to 40% travel within North America. Possible periodic travel to Asia & Europe.
- Strong ability to negotiate deals from start to finish.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience.
- Project management skills; analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Set-up and exhibit for at trade shows.
- Internal sales skills such as working with spreadsheets, costings, suppliers.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and MS Project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent in English.
Desirable Experience & Skills:
- Experience selling a new product or service
- Experience and industry contacts within the plating/finishing market.
- 3 or more years’ experience working with Automotive OEM's and Tier I suppliers.
- Mechanical/Metallurgical/Chemical Engineering background and/or manufacturing experience.
- Solid understanding of business financial fundamentals.
Our client offers a competitive salary of $85,000 to $90,000 (based on experience) and a generous commission and bonus program that will yield a realistic first-year total compensation in the $115,000 - $120,000 range, second year $140,000 - $150,000 range. They also offer a comprehensive benefits package, expense reimbursements, and many income and career advancement opportunities! The culture is best described as a sales environment that rewards performance with work-life balance.
If you are seeking a sales-centric employer who values and rewards your production, please feel free to apply below.