North American Sales Manager, East CoastView All Jobs
Interviewing Immediately North American Sales Manager, East Coast Water & Color Analysis
North American Sales Manager, East Coast
Interviewing Immediately - North American Sales Manager, East Coast - Municipal Water Sales
We have been retained to find a North American Sales Manager, East Coast for the industry leader in the analysis of water and color measurement. The Sales and Market Manager is responsible for managing all 3rd party independent sales representatives, customer relationships and the project funnel for the North American Market for our clients Branded On-line Process Instrumentation Products. The position will work with a team of Inside Sales Specialists, Product Managers, Application Development Managers, Marketing Communication Managers and Technical Support Managers to effectively communicate the Process Instrumentation Product’s value proposition to our clients’ customers, promote regional specific products and applications to grow our clients opportunity funnel and manage projects from inquiry/quote to close-out. The Sales and Market Manager will be responsible and accountable for meeting and exceeding an annual sales budget by leveraging our clients Process Instrumentation Product’s brand specific and cross-branded value. The position will be part of a team that strives to achieve overall company goals in terms of revenue and profitability, image, reputation, and customer service. The Sales and Market Manager will require strong communication, leadership and influence skills to not only manage the sales representative channel, but also collaborate with peers and upper management across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Personally, or through other company resources, develop the technical depth in product and application knowledge as it applies to our clients branded Process Instrumentation Products
- Manage, train and perform joint sales calls with third party independent sales representatives (sales channel) to ensure our clients branded Process Instrumentation products are a focus, diligently measure channel performance, and look for opportunities to collaborate/align across brands.
- Foster customer intimacy through key account management of identified customers/consultants within region
- Diligently manage the project funnel using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool (Zoho) to coordinate, prioritize and dedicate resources to projects
- Capable of prioritizing opportunities based on factors such as customer relationship, size ($), sales stage (budget, bid, post-bid negotiations, etc.), and potential margin
- Work with applications and technical sales managers to influence marketplace through white papers/case studies & presentations at regional/national trade shows and conferences
- Work with sales channel and customers to identify key regional regulatory, applications, and product drivers and effectively communicate market needs to our clients leadership
- Develop streamlined processes to collect necessary information from the local sales representatives, engineering and service firms, as well as their clients to support products, applications, and service offerings (Voice of Field)
- Drive a culture that is highly responsive to both internal and external customers and which provides accurate, comprehensive and timely information
- Strong capability to lead/coordinate with team members in various geographic locations over whom there is not a direct reporting relationship; must have excellent influencing and communication skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter with intrinsic drive to work independently, with balanced guidance from sales director and leadership team
- Ability to network effectively within organization to get things done
The Sales and Market Manager Position often required extensive travel including long hours of driving and or flying. Additionally, the position can also include many hours of standing and walking at local and national trade shows and customer training and informational seminars. Therefore, the Sales and Market Manager shall possess the following physical abilities:
- Must be capable of standing for standing for long periods of time (6+ hours)
- Must be capable of sitting for long periods of time, typically while traveling
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- 5 years of experience working in the water and wastewater treatment market; specifically working with distribution and end-users, technically and commercially
- Demonstrated successful sales experience with sales budget/region responsibility and indirect sales channel management
- Deep knowledge of municipal and industrial customer sales cycle and critical points of impact with distributors, consultants, and end-users
- Demonstrated Experience working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system (ZOHO or equivalent)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, and Outlook)
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, influence & communication skills (written & oral)
- Demonstrated excellent task management & organization skills.
- Demonstrated strong time and territory management skills
- BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Our client offers a competitive salary range of $104,000 - $120,000 and a generous commission and bonus program that will yield a realistic first-year total compensation in the $150,000 - $160,000 range, 2nd year in excess of $200,000. They also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401k with match, Paid Time Off and many income and career advancement opportunities!
The culture is best described as a sales environment that rewards performance with work-life balance. If you are seeking a sales-centric employer who values and rewards your production, please feel free to apply below.