Opportunity with Industry Leader with Strong Midwest Remote TerritoryView All Jobs
Outside Sales Position in Steel Services Industry
Opportunity with Industry Leader with Strong Midwest Remote Territory
Are you seeking an opportunity to use your success and interest in steel products, steel processing services, and steel finishing capacities to connect with a new career with a company with a great reputation? Are you able to develop and manage a Chicagoland territory? Do you seek a position where you manage your own time and territory? Do you thrive on being in the territory and managing existing accounts and acquiring new clients to build your territory? Would you like to quarterback the sales process with the help of company staff and management that can call upon for support and assistance?
If you answered yes to these questions, please email your resume to Paul Alvarez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 609-293-5747 to discuss this career opportunity.
Sales Recruiters has been retained by a stable, well-reputed steel service center that is increasing its sales force in the next one to two years. Our client is a high-quality steel service center providing cut-to-length, slitting, blanking, and toll processing services to customers while providing additional value to customers through supply chain management systems, custom-tailored pricing solutions, and inventory management programs. This position is a full-time employee position with a very competitive compensation package (base salary plus commissions/bonus) as well as strong benefits and time off component.
Key Performance Deliverables for Success in 2023:
- Obtain sales revenue that yields $1M gross profit per year
- Ramp up and build territory to 1,000 tons per month
- Develop and maintain a strong network of customers and prospects in the Greater Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana territory
- Build the sales model for the company for 2023 for the territory to maintain existing business and expand new business with prospects
- Develop and execute a time and territory management strategy (your own Account Development plan) while working out of a home office
- Source own leads and work the network in the industry
- Able to drive revenue in a sales cycle that is 3 months to 2 years to deliver 500 to 1,000 tons per year and the sales methodology for growing and managing the sales pipeline to ensure continuous growth.
- Manage a book of existing business and build revenue in this client base
- Expand new business revenue in target prospects in the territory
- Conduct daily activities that lead to progress for full sales cycle responsibility
- Add sales actions and activities in salesforce for account management to help provide information, insight, and observations on the health and viability of the territory
- Call on prospects, clients, and industry vertical influencers in the fields on a consistent basis (Most of the time spent will be in the field)
- 2-10+ years of experience in flat rolled carbon steel and/or stainless steel.
- Well-versed in some or all of the areas of galvanized, galvannealed, prepaint, cold-rolled, aluminized, and stainless steel, slitting, cut-to-length, blanking, cut-to-length, toll processing, prepainting, embossing, perforating, and fabricating
- Demonstrate experience in managing a multi-state territory
- Able to budget for travel, business development, and running your territory
- Assess the territory for pipeline classification of suspects, prospects, and clients
- Able to project in the near term and future
- Be a positive influence with prospects, clients, and suspects in the targeted steel arena while being memorable and likable
- Able to self-manage time and territory
- Be accountable for the results you direct
- Be competitive with yourself and maintain the energy level to achieve the goals
- Able to accept feedback and observations from managers and company support staff
- Assertive, self-motivated, and self-directed by nature
- Action-oriented and proactive not reactive
- Able to work under pressure and self-manage (without micromanaging supervision)