Vice President of SalesView All Jobs
Exciting company with huge growth trajectory seeks a dynamic Sales Leader
Vice President of Sales
Are you a Sales Leader seeking an opportunity to serve as a senior management team member, develop and execute a sales strategy, manage sales budgets, and oversee high-level/volume house accounts? Would you like to use your traits as an ambitious self-starter with high energy to lead, motivate, and coach a tenured sales department? How would you like to be "the face of the company" where you will attend client meetings, presentations, and sales conferences? Would you like to be rewarded with a compensation and benefits package that is comprehensive, competitive, and employee-focused?
If you answered yes and have 5+ years of leadership and sales management experience with a proven track record of success, 10+ years of senior sales experience, and the ability to travel up to 60% of the time, email Sheri at email@example.com or call her at 949.359.3422 or feel free to pass it on to your social and professional networks.
We've been retained by a well-respected industry leader that provides temporary housing services nationwide. For over 20 years our client has helped thousands of families displaced from their residences by a disaster. They provide the housing solutions necessary to restore comfort and balance to the insured. They have maintained strong relationships with adjusters and insureds from all carriers while ensuring housing arrangements stayed within policy limits. The Vice President of Sales is primarily responsible for leading and directing the sales team to meet and exceed revenue targets.
Key Performance Deliverables for Success in 2023:
- Grow company revenue and profitability.
- Employee retention and continuing to groom the existing team of 4 Outside Sales Representatives
- Collaboration, account planning, and hosting strategic account review meetings to bridge the gap between sales and operations.
- Strengthen, build, and leverage key carrier relationships by enhancing the volume from these accounts, analyzing which accounts are most profitable, and working with relationships that will help move the company forward.
- Become the Brand Ambassador and the "Face of the Company".
- Develop and execute sales and marketing strategies for the department, ensuring these align with the overall company vision and growth strategy.
- Lead, motivate, and coach the sales department. Responsible to assist with the hiring, training, performance management, and annual performance reviews of staff.
- Oversee high-level/volume house accounts and delegate responsibilities as needed between the sales team.
- Regularly networking and building rapport with customers in senior leadership and decision-making roles.
- Understand the company's operational structure and pricing model in order to make educated recommendations to stay competitive within the housing market.
- Identify business development opportunities and assign them to the sales team to actively explore, negotiate, and secure new business.
- Set individual and team goals monthly/quarterly for sales and hold each employee accountable to reach targets.
- Manage sales commission and bonus plans to remain effective and competitive with the market.
- Outline and manage sales budget.
- Lead account review meetings with sales and operational team members.
- Achieve Sales department goals set by Senior Leadership.
- Oversee and complete the preparation of RFI/RFP proposals, and sales presentations, and distribute them to team members.
- Attend client meetings, presentations, and sales conferences.
- Partner closely with the VP of Operations to ensure departmental goals and processes stay aligned.
- Assist with sales strategy and rollout of technology initiatives including the company client portal and policyholder portal.
- Ongoing collaboration with Business Systems and IT leadership.
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports regarding goal attainment, client meetings/contacts, sales cycle data/information, and other reports required by EVP/VP of Operations.
- Oversee and enforce documentation of all stages of the sales cycle in CRM (Salesforce)
- 5+ years of leadership and sales management experience in hiring, coaching, and developing a geographically distributed team and managing in a virtual environment.
- 10+ years of senior sales experience in B2B with demonstrated success.
- Experience in temporary housing, corporate housing, multi-family housing, or insurance housing is a plus
- Regular travel to attend sales meetings and conferences (up to 60%). Required to have reliable and available transportation for local travel needs.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience utilizing CRM software (Salesforce) for sales activities, tracking, and reporting.
- Computer savvy with experience in Microsoft Office products. Demonstrated ability to master different technology platforms.
- Ambitious self-starter with high energy.
- Excellent interpersonal and success in building strong client relationships.
- Superior presentation skills. Experience presenting both in person and virtually (over Zoom or other virtual platforms).
- Experience working regularly with C-level executives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or a related field is required.