Posted on Monday November 15, 2022 at 07:00:00 AM
If the hit show The Home Edit on Netflix has shown us anything, it has revealed that organization is not just about neatly labeled bins. Though stylish, practical, and the basis of The Container Store, organization in the office is so much more than having your pens contained and your binders properly labeled. Organization is a system that is the foundation for effective sales. In order to execute the plans, policies and programs of your company, you have to have some system of organization. Efficiency and profitability are dependent on your methods. So what does organization mean to you? Your next hiring manager might be interested in your methods and how they propel you toward success. Prepare yourself to share by answering these 10 questions all about organization.
- Tell me about a project that required you to do a great deal of planning documentation, monitoring, and/or evaluation to execute it successfully.
- How do you organize your day?
- What do you find most distracting in a work environment?
- People often say planning is an important part of their job. What does “planning” mean to you?
- How do you prioritize your tasks?
- How do you maintain a work-life balance?
- Have you ever been in a position where you‘ve had to pull together and coordinate information from several sources? If yes, please describe the situation. What did you do to ensure that you received all the information within your timeframe?
- Do you work better in an unstructured environment or structured?
- Do you consider yourself a very organized person? If yes, describe the system you use to stay organized? If no, what do you do to make sure your lack of organization does not become a problem in your work?
- Describe an organizational change at your old employer and explain how that affected your team and your personal productivity.